Sunday 17 July 2011

My First Post!!!!

Well, here we go! I've resisted creating a blog for a while now but I thought this would be a good way to document my ongoing leatherworking projects as part of my hobby in the Society for Creative Anachronism.

To date I've been mostly doing simple leatherworking projects - pouches, belts etc. But I'm starting to look at getting into some more complex projects, so documenting what I'm doing and my research seemed like a good idea.

Having just gotten back from our trip the the UK, I've got a bunch of project ideas, most of which are well beyond my current skill level. We saw some awesome examples of period shoes, leather scabbards and knife sheaths, and even leather clothing. So, I've got lots of things to work on while I try to learn the skills to recreate some of those items and I'll try to chronicle my progress here.

1 comment: