Wednesday 1 February 2012

Preparing for my leatherworking class

So today is my third leatherworking class. Heading into the class, we were supposed to practice our swivel knife skills, plus practice with some of our new stamping tools that we are going to start using tonight. However, to be able to do this I had to get a few things and start setting up my work area a bit better.

So, last night I cleaned off my work table (it was covered in scraps of leather, notebooks and miscellaneous other junk) and finally setup my marble slab for stamping. I also bought some dollar store plastic bowls and jugs so I can keep my water and carving solution down there.

Fortunately, I have lots of scrap leather from when I was making Avelyn's kidney belt for her armour, so away I went casing the leather and playing with my stamping and carving tools.

I can totally see how they will add a lot of character and dimension to the projects, so I'm looking forward to tonight so I can see how they will work.

I'll do my usual post-class updated tomorrow, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment