Friday 27 January 2012

Leatherworking Equipment

So, my workshop is pretty well stocked right now, but stemming from my leatherworking course there are still some things I'll need to get to be fully functional now that I'm starting to get into more stamping, carving and dyeing. So, mostly for my own benefit, I'm starting a list (in no particular order):

1) Rubber cement
2) Coffee can for storing bottle of rubber cement (apparently helps stop the lid from getting stuck)
3) Rotary cutter
4) A couple of plastic containers for storing my water/carving solution mixture
5) Plastic bowl/tray for water/carving solution
5) Good quality sponges that won't scratch leather
6) Some basic 3-d stamps (letters, period looking designs etc)
7) Jewelers rouge
8) Tracing paper

Probably more to come for the list as we get further into the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment