Monday 26 March 2012

Update on Project List Progress

Well its been a while since I posted, largely because I haven't really done much leatherwork. I've been spending most of my SCA time working with Emelote on planning the feast for our upcoming Border Spat event in May.

That being said, I have about nine different leather projects I have to get finished by then so I better get moving.

I did manage to make Avelyn her new belt pouch as a surprise a few weeks ago. Its a draw string style pouch that I made out of a nice purple pig skin. She wore it to Late Winter Shoot and it seemed to work well.

I also started to work on my thank you gifts for Border Spat. I'm going to be pulling together small rapier-oriented emergency kits with a bunch of stuff that would be useful for fencers (tips and tape etc). I'm going to put it all into small leather pouches. I started working on the pouches while we were at Late Winter Shoot this past weekend. Got one pouch cut out and sewn together. Just the closing button and the belt loop to add on. Six more to go!!!

I've consulted with a few people about my plan for the rapier prizes for Border Spat and it seems to be a good idea. I'm going to keep it somewhat hush hush so the winners can enjoy the surprise a bit. One will be for the winner of the mass melee rooftop tournament, and the other will be for the person selected as "most inspirational" by the Barons and Baronesses as part of the Baronial Selection Tournament.

Thora has also commissioned me to make her one of my leather rapier sheaths, like the one I made for the Baronial Rapier Champion when I stepped down from the position. She'd like it to have some sort of Ealdormerian or Skrael symbol on it. I think this one will have to wait until after Border Spat, don't think I'll have time until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment