Wednesday 11 January 2012

Tumbleweeds

Well, I have to say I have been slacking when it comes to my leatherwork since Kingdom A&S. I haven't even gone down into my work area what with Christmas and all. I had actually planned on doing some work over the holidays while I was off work but just never seemed to get around to it.

My time off from leatherwork is about to come to an end though. Next Wednesday my five week leather carving course from Zeli's starts. I should probably take a look at the books I bought for the course and make sure I have all the equipment pulled together.

Here's the class description:

Students will learn how to use the 7 basic tools of leather carving, leather terminology, Dyeing techniques, lacing, etc. Class is limited to 6 people.

http://www.zelistore.com/courses/58-introduction-to-leather-carving.html

I suspect not all of it will be applicable to making period leather goods but learning the basic techniques will be helpful I'm sure, even if its just so I have some idea of what people are talking about if I seek advice from more experienced SCA leatherworkers.

On an unrelated note, we are still waiting to receive our judging forms from Kingdom A&S. I know a number of people have received theirs, so I'm not sure why ours haven't come in. I got some good verbal feedback on the day but it will be nice to see if my judges added anything else to the forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment