So with 2015 now here, I thought I would put down on paper some of the things I want to get done this year. If past years are any indication, if I get even half of the stuff done it will be an accomplishment, and there will be other projects I take on that weren't planned that will take up large chunks of time. So, in no particular order:
Personal A&S Stuff
- Finally finish the stick-purse (potentially for A&S in April)
- Finish developing and teach my class on period leather dyes (submitted for Practicum in February)
- Publish my leather dye research and experiments more formally online so people can access it for their own research and use
- Decide on next major project for future QPT/A&S and start planning (possibly leather filigree work based on the period Islamic book covers we saw at the Chester Beattie Library - maybe as a scroll blank?)
- Do groundwork research on possible Pent theme to see if its feasible (does it hit the right categories etc.)
- Get the helm padded and strapped, and finish modifying my kit so I can finally start working towards getting my armoured combat authorization
- Get Avelyn's leg armour back in shape so she can get back on the field
- Finally make some banners or pennants or something for events.
- Continue uploading my UK artifact pics on Pinterest for people to see (still several thousand pics to go).
- Try to find a blue leather dye recipe that works (in the summer when I can work in the garage and vent it properly)
- Make a pouch with a kraken design on it
- Make a rainbow badge for Maggie :)
- More consistently get the Twitter account going and do up a plan to promote it.
- Investigate idea of setting up group "research days" at local university libraries.
- Start getting out to rapier practice more regularly
- Get my bow inspected and getting ready for the archery season now that I have arrows
- Do a better job of both sending in award nominations and tracking them so I know which ones are still needed